Theory / These / Opinion
„Please respect her will“
To read this content in your own language, please click on „Translation“ on the right side, or choose it at the right mouse button.
the Voynich- Manuscript is a 600 years old book, which was written in a secret writing and in a secret language, which was not unraveled until today. It counts to one of the biggest mysteries of mankind (beside the Dark Matter … ).
Many people have made it their sport to decipher the Voynich Manuscript. Until today, no one has succeeded. And in my opinion, it is just as well. Actually, it should not be deciphered.
1.: 19 facts about the Voynich- Manuscript
- The book has 234 pages
- It has the size of 22,5 x 16 Centimeters
- The Voynich Manuscript was written between 1404 and 1438
- It was made from the fur of an unborn calf
- Emperor Rodolf II (1576-1612) bought it for 600 guilders
- This purchase was stated in a letter of Roger Bacon in the 15th century, which is attached to the book
- 600 guilders is equivalent to $900,000 in today’s value
- The book lay in the Collego Romano for about 200 years
- The book came into possession of Georg Baresch in the 17th century in Prague
- In the middle of the 19th century it was discovered by the Jesuit Petrus Beckx.
- It came into the possession of Villa Mondragone, near Rome, Italy.
- In 1912 it was bought by the bookseller Wilfrid Voynich.
- After his death it was inherited by his wife Ethel until 1960.
- It passed to her friend Anne Nil
- In 1961 it was given to the bookseller Hans P. Kraus.
- He donated the book to the library of Yale University in 1969.
- There the book lies until today
- Today, there is a great worldwide interest in cracking this code. So far, no one, not even the famous military Enigma code breakers around Alan Turing, has managed it.
- What we know today is …. maybe …
2.: Who were the author(s)?
When I set out to write about this subject, at first I wanted to make fun of it: „What does a book from the Middle Ages want to tell us anyway that we don’t already know?“- „Nothing,“ I thought. „Trivial stuff.“ „Why all this worldwide attention?“
I already wanted to provide a funny translation saying: „… first I went up the stairs, then I went down the stairs again …“ or; „… this is a plant, a green plant. It has some leaves and and it has some roots too…“
But as I got deeper into the Voynich Manuscript, I began to develop respect for whoever wrote this book. Especially the almost helpless, and incredibly poorly drawn depictions of women kneeling in bathtubs, sticking their hands into hoses with fluids in them. Streams of water forming into small ponds.
These drawings want to explain some important processes, but despite all the effort, the drawing ability is so poor that it seems rather helpless. Helpless but very important. That’s what captivated me.
These are all processes that are difficult to explain and certainly even more difficult to draw. But these hoses and tubs and the interaction with women, these are all processes that concern the nature of women.
The answer to the question of the gender of the author (or authors) is conjecture, and ultimately it is not that important. But if I want to put myself in the person’s place to explore what she is trying to tell us in the first place, then I can only give one answer: The author was a woman.
To receive – to flow – to give. These were explanations for matters that concern women. These are things that men cannot understand. They just make fun of them. No, they were deeper, wiser, more experienced, more feminine. Now I know: this is none of our men’s business. These are spiritual experiences that women pass on to women. This book cannot be translated. Never by a man.
3.: The content
Fortunately, the Voynich- Manuscript has numerous pictures that one can see what it is all about. On the basis of the pictures one can determine:
The book is about:
- Herbs and plants
- Herbalism and medicine
- Women’s studies
- Astrology and Astronomy
- Medical recipes
- Instructions (content unknown)
If you put all the themes together as one point, it can be assigned as themes especially for women. Issues of healing, femininity and the understanding of the sun and the stars.
Let’s look at it as a kind of a book about „Mother Earth“.
4.: The image selection
Herbs and plants
Astrology and Astronomy
Instructions (content unknown)
5.: The complete archive
Free Download on Archive.org:
Watch PDF (54MB) or Download here:
6.: Opinions and Reminders
- The book was written at a time, in about 1430, when wise women were burned as witches. This is not fun, this is suffering. This is religious madness. There are no religious references in this book.
- Almost certainly, men at that time would demonize and burn this book, and they would have burned the author(s) as witchcraft.
- But the book has survived the time. It has the full value of being treated with honor and respect. Please remind: This book should not be seen as a crossword puzzle that you just solve to pass your time.
- Women’s biology influences their feelings quite differently than men’s. If this book will ever be translated, I’m sure the least men will really understand it.
- The pictures in this book show one thing clearly: It was written by a strong woman for other strong women. It is a textbook, from one (or more) teacher(s) to her students.
- Whoever wrote it, she was not interested in everybody understanding it. If she had wanted you to read the book, she would have written it in Italian right away, or she would have made sure that you understood it.
- But she didn’t. The knowledge was only addressed to those she wanted them to understand. You are not among them.
- In any case, it was not written for men. Stay out of it, man! It’s none of your business.
Please respect her will.
7.: The End
I am looking forward to your comments. Please don’t hesitate and share your opinion.
Kind regards from Martin
( … please be kind …)
„And if the book is ever translated, I’m sure you won’t understand it anyway, unless you are a woman.“ This is sexism in it’s purest form, and you call yourself an author, shame!
Hi Kyle, yes, thank you very much, that really does sound sexist. I didn’t mean it that way. There are just things, in the nature of women, that men will never understand, even if they want to. I didn’t mean it to be so harsh and negative. I’m sorry. I’ll delete it immediately. Greetings from Martin
No men depicted? At that time in Europe women were considered inferior to men, did not have the right to be educated and to think independently so it is plausible that if the book contains some knowledge from women for women it had to be kept in secret. I can’t agree that pictures are incredibly poorly drawn because women have different faces and body shapes, some wear specific head covers and maybe they were even recognizable at the time. As about the “hoses” – these might be symbols as well as real objects. Bathing and basins were not popular in many parts of Europa, so this, as well as the body types, may relate to the place where the activity took place. I wonder if it is possible, that this was not Europe but Middle east for example and Muslim harem, not witches. I don’t know what was a normal price for a book but if this was a very expensive one the high price might be explained with the origin from a distant place. Astrology and Astronomy were their specialty and the plants from the drawings may be unknown in Europe. This would explain the language problem as well. Just a guess. 😊 Good luck!
LikeGefällt 1 Person
The origin is simple: if there appears a DRAGON was written at the foot of MONT DRAGON -from the Carpathian Bend -, which was the OSTROGOTHIC name of „Tempa“ mountain of BRASOV city în Transylvania. The area is still named by the old inhabitants „PODRAGO“ (Italian Signoria/Podesta Dragon) and the Italian scholars who lived here knew more about all the Corvin Archives. In this place was often resident Emperor/king Sigismund of Luxembourg with his itinerant Court. He was the bioligical father of the famous Vlad Tzepes Dracula (Impaler) and built and fortified this city and all surrounding Castles which were „DRACULA’S domination and residence until 1500. În this place were built „thermopile“ (calorifere – warm water heating)…baths
(named „Flora“) with energetic OIL power (from petroliferous extracarpathic region . „Draculia“ also invented a proto-central heating system to warm down town Saxon guilds city. „Dracula Tzepes Impaler“’s mother was Princess Anna Maria (Frankish Venețian origin 1385-1435) a most cultural noble woman and may be she is the author of this opis….
Wow, if this were true, it will be a great sensation. Butc can you perhaps explain the knowledge of the plants in this book and the strology? There must be all
ups, sorry … They must somehow all be connected to eachother. Perhaps you have some informations … ?
[…] The Voynich Manuscript […]